Monday, July 13, 2015

Set Aside

I was reminded yesterday that Christ did not die on the cross because he had no choice.

Christ did not die on the cross in vain.

No, his death - his ugly, violent, cruel, torturous death - was freely offered up.  In love.  For me.

If an army buddy saved you from certain death, you would be forever grateful.

If a good neighbor pulled you out of your burning house, saving your life, you would find as many ways as you could to repay them.

But Christ, who died to save your life from an ETERNITY in the lake of fire, rarely gets any acknowledgement - much less thanks or love or devotion.

But Christ DID offer up his own life for mine - he suffered the most cruel deaths so that I did not have to.

And when I came to that point where I recognized that sacrifice and realized it was for me - personally, for me - I accepted his payment for my sin and I surrendered my life to serve Him who saved me - forever.

God doesn't save us and set us aside.  God desires a relationship with us.  A personal, daily, one-on-one relationship.  Like you have with your best friend.  It's a two-way street; he even wrote you a love letter!!  (It's called His Word). 

No, God doesn't save us and set us aside.  The question is:

Have I set HIM aside?

No comments:

Post a Comment