Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Where's My Focus?

I find it interesting that just when I think I can't cram one more thing into my already busy schedule, the Lord stops me in my tracks.

Oh, I'm not saying He's the reason I have this flu bug or whatever it is, but certainly He allowed it.  At the beginning of a very busy week.  In the middle of a very busy season.  When there are gifts to make, songs to practice, people to meet with, decorating to be done (and undone), presents to wrap, places to go, to do lists to accomplish...

I'm in bed for 2 days.

Sleeping.

Accomplishing nothing.

And yet, somehow, it's okay.

I am reminded that my life isn't about me and what I want to accomplish - it's about the Lord and what HE wants to accomplish through me.  So I'm thinking that perhaps I was getting a bit off track and starting to stress about the unimportant stuff (something I do more often then I care to admit).  That perhaps my focus has been on doing those things that make ME feel good, instead of being focused on doing things to make others feel good - to be an encouragement, a help.

So, I'm re-focusing.  Oh, the house still needs to be cleaned and there are still gifts to wrap and decorating to be done - but before all that, there are friends that need a kind word, a hug (when I'm over being sick, of course), a note of encouragement - family members that need to hear "I love you!" just because...because at the end of the day, if my house is clean, the gifts are wrapped and my house looks festive - who cares, if I have not shown love to the people God has put in my life?

So, thank you, Lord, for ALL that you allow in my life, be it sickness or health, thank you for loving me and reminding me to strive to be more like you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment