Monday, July 13, 2015

It Will Be Worth It All.....


A year ago, I would not have foreseen where God would have me today - spiritually, physically.

There are people in my life today, that were not in my life a year; people who are now an integral part of my life that I didn't even KNOW a year ago.

There are people BACK in my life today that have really been gone for some time.

I am not the same person I was a year ago.

All that to say this:  You can't see the future and you don't know what God is going to use in your life to move you...to change you...to grow you...to stretch you...

As I reflect, I look back now and see that often times those painful things that God allowed in my life actually turned out for the better.

Going through my own family crisis brought me to a place today where my heart's desire is to counsel and encourage women to be the person God made them to be.

God used a very hurtful experience to move us to another ministry, where both of us have grown and thrived and increased in our thirst for Christ. 

God doesn't give us the "desires of our hearts" in the way we want to think; it's not about the latest sports car or the biggest house or the nicest clothes.  God molds those desires to match his, so that he give us the desires of HIS heart  - which, when we are close to Him, will be the same as our own desires; the two will be indistinguishable.

We're not promised tomorrow - we're not even promised our next breath.  What can I do today that will accomplish the desire's of God's heart?  I might not have tomorrow.  I might not have next week.  But whether in sunshine or rain, promise or pain....I WILL serve the Lord and it WILL be worth it all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment