Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Diligence

2 Peter 3:14 says, "Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things (ie, the return of Christ), be diligent, that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless."


Knowing that Jesus could return at any moment ought to cause me to LIVE as though I believe that.  How awful would I feel if Jesus returned to find me goofing off at work?  Or watching some vile TV show?  He's not going to ring the doorbell, giving me time to turn off the TV, hide that inappropriate book, or shut down that website - he's just going to appear - "in the twinkling of the eye."


More sobering still is the fact that Jesus doesn't have to return to know exactly what I am doing every second of the day!  In fact, he knows my every thought!


The verse above says to "be diligent".  Do you realize the word "diligence" means "intense purpose?"  We ought not to just be "la-dee-dah-dee-dah" in our attitude - but we ought to be intensely purposeful that Jesus will find us "in peace, without spot, and blameless."


By God's grace and thru HIS strength, that's what I want in my life today - intense purpose to do right at all times.  And when in doubt, when wavering between two choices, to choose the "high" road - to take the choice that will leave no doubt, no question, no compromise on the table.


Jesus died for me.  I will live for Him.


~Tammy~

No comments:

Post a Comment