Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Waiting on the Lord - Psalm 37

Trust.  Delight.  Commit.  Rest.  Wait.  All commands, not suggestions.  God, in his grace and mercy, even explains why it benefits us to obey...


V.3 - "Trust in the Lord, and do good..."  Why?  So He can take care of me and supply my needs. ("So thou shalt dwell in the land and...be fed.")


V.4 - "Delight thyself also in the Lord..."  Why?  So He can give me the "desires of my heart".  Which, by the way, when I'm delighting in Him will NOT be desires for worldly things, but rather desires that are Christ-like.


V.5 - "Commit thy way unto the Lord..."  Why?  So He can bring it to pass.  When I walk in the center of His will, He IS going to accomplish that will in my life.  He will make it happen.


V.7 - "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him..."  Why?  Because if I wait, I will "inherit the earth" and "delight myself in the abundance of peace" (v11).  In other words, the reward for resting and waiting is God meeting the needs in my life in such a way that I will be completely satisfied and know a peace that overflows!  


How much better to attain all this than to push my way to where I think I should be, only to find that I have missed God's best for me.


Trust.  Delight.  Commit.  Rest.  Wait.  Commands, not suggestions.  But the rewards are far better than anything I could dream up.


~Tammy~









No comments:

Post a Comment