Wednesday, May 18, 2011

No Whining!

I really didn't think this morning's study on the Sunday School lesson was going to amount to anything...but, God in His wisdom, had other plans...


The lesson this week is on whining, based on Philippians 2:14-15:


"Do all things without murmurings and disputings..." WHY?  "That ye may be blameless and harmless (not fake), the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world."


The more I think about this, the more convicted I become.  I "whine" or complain about so many things!  Things at work, things at church, people in general - like crazy-stupid drivers - the weather...oh, my.  How much time and energy have I wasted with my whining?!?  It's useless anyway - it will never change the weather, the drivers, my boss, my job, or my circumstances  - it is just so purely a waste of time!  Time I could spend rejoicing and being a "light" for the Lord!

  • Praise God I have a job!
  • Praise God I have a car to drive - and am able to drive!
  • Praise God for the rain, the heat, the humidity, the wind, the ice, the cold!
  • Praise God that he didn't make us all exactly the same - for if He did, who would teach me piano?  Who, besides God himself,  would challenge my thinking?  Who would show me another point of view?  Who would love me just as I am?  Who would encourage me when I'm ready to quit?
No, I've spent enough time whining.  Lord, help me to focus on YOU, to praise you and thank you  - and let me "shine as (a) light(s) in the world."

~Tammy~

No comments:

Post a Comment