Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 10, 2011 - Arrrggghhh!!!

So, since I recently learned that it is encouraging to others to know that even those of us who have been saved for 30 years still struggle, here is an example...

Last night, I allowed someone else's discouragement and annoyance to influence my attitude and reactions.  :(  Rather than maintaining a godly attitude and keeping my focus on the One who created me, I allowed my attitude to slip into irritation and annoyance.  I recognized it, even as I did it, but wasn't willing to reach out and take the "way of escape" the Holy Spirit was offering me, choosing instead to insist that the blame lay with the other person, not me.

I hate it when I'm being stupid.

So now I not only owe my heavenly Father an apology, but this other person as well.  Because whether they were right or wrong, it matters not - what matters is that I was wrong - and that is the only wrong I can correct.

So, "seeking to surrender"?  Yep - every day.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment