Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sundays - March 20, 2011

There's nothing quite like Sundays - 
we're rushing here and there...
Seeking missing shoes and socks,
Wondering what to wear!


Grab our bibles, take our seats
Preacher starts with prayer...
Close our eyes and bow our heads,
Stop messing with your hair!


A gentle tap upon heart's door,
Jesus whispers still...
"Cast all your care on me, " He says,
"Obey my perfect will."


All that seemed so critical
just a few short hours ago
Now fades into the mist of time
As His love o'er me does flow.


Jesus is my guiding light,
my hope in time of need.
Upon Him will I rest my head,
Those hands for me did bleed.


Monday comes and so begins
a week of work and toil;
But Jesus is my rock, my friend,
To Him I will be loyal.


Sunday comes but once a week,
And Jesus never fails;
To the one Who saved me from my sin,
In my life He will prevail.


Jesus loves me, this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Lord, help me live my life for you,
So others to You will go.


There's nothing quite like Sundays,
no other day so sweet,
But Lord, help me every day,
To sit at your dear feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment