Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 8, 2011 - 2 Peter 1:5

As seems typical with Peter, one verse is more than enough to chew on for the day.  2 Peter 1:5 says, "And besides this, (referring to the previous verses about God's precious promises and power), giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue, knowledge;..."


The center reference of my bible says, "in your faith provide virtue".  Another bible I have says, "supplement your faith with virtue."  This gives me a little bit clearer understanding of this passage - instead of "faith" and "virtue" being "building blocks", as I first thought, i.e., 'Okay, so now here's my faith block.  Got it.  Now, I stack on top of that my virtue block...' - I see that virtue and faith are intermingled or combined; virtue makes faith better.  Likewise, then, knowledge must enhance my virtue/faith....


Now if I can just grasp what "virtue" is!!  ~Tammy~

No comments:

Post a Comment