Sunday, March 6, 2011

March 6, 2011 - God's Plan

I love watching God at work when I'm totally oblivious!

Yesterday Mike was in and out, and I just had a bee in my bonnet to get all the laundry washed, dried, folded and put away (something I seldom do in one day); the main floor dusted and vacuumed, AND I even made plans to put something in the oven for lunch this morning while we were at church - instead of having "left overs", which is our usual Sunday lunch fare.

And then I watched God at work today...when one of our senior saints arrived at church, shivering.  Yes, it was chilly outside this morning, but this was something more than that.  So when Mike asked her why she was so cold, we discovered that after moving into a new apartment last week, she'd never had the heat turned on.  Last week had been pleasantly warm, so it wasn't a problem, but this weekend had turned cold again - and this dear lady had gotten so cold overnight, she couldn't get warm.

So, we brought her home, fed her a warm meal (which was in the oven and waiting for us when we walked in the door!), tucked into bed (with freshly laundered sheets!), and gave her free reign of the house (which had just been dusted & vacuumed!).  Because she'd gotten so cold, she'd not been able to sleep the night before, so she caught up on sleep while we went to choir practice and church.

When we arrived back home tonight, we found that she'd been up, going up & down our stairs "for exercise" she said, and we warmed her up some more with some chicken noodle soup, and then sent her back to bed with a hot water bottle.

You know, everything I have already belongs to the Lord anyway - it was such a blessing to be able to share some of those belongings with a precious sister in Christ!  God is so good - it was so encouraging to my heart to watch Him at work in my life, while I was blissfully unaware!  My God is sooooo amazing - I just cannot fathom all that He does.  :-)
~Tammy~

No comments:

Post a Comment